Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shopping is the devil

Yesterday we headed out to texarkana for some R&R and a little shopping. When we first got to texarkana we drove out to north forty, although it is not far from the main drag with the lovely road construction it took us approximately 20 minutes to arrive in their parking lot and read the sign posted on the door "CLOSED for vacation, will reopen August 7th". Jerks. Back to the drawing board... We head back to the theater to go ahead and buy our tickets to Despicable Me. I though it was in 3-D, wrong. So we buy tickets to this not 3-D movie. And because we can't visit texarkana without going to cold stone, i mean seriously we're on like or 10th punch card, and because its in the same parking lot as the theater we go ahead and go get our ice cream. Ice cream makes everything 100% better. We walk in and look at the flavors. I already had it on my mind that I was really wanting a "gotta have it" sized portion of amaretto mixed with marshmallow cream in a chocolate dipped waffle cone bowl but I of course was going to pick out a flavor to try first... As I'm looking for what flavor I'm going to try just for kicks and giggles I make an awful discovery! They don't even have AMARETTO! So I count to 10 breathing slowly and regroup. I can do this. I decide I'll just have marshamallow cream mixed with coffee. WHAT?!?!?! They don't have marshmallow cream? "Somebody has got to be pulling on my leg". I basically throw a fit that any 4 year old would be proud of and I call the manager an ape and tell him that cold stone has gone to pot and I hope they go out of business so someone can move in a marble slab. Chad tells me to calm down and he's sure I can find something else. Well yes, under normal cicumstances I would have been able to, but these are what flavors they offered: vanilla, chocolate, chocolate cake batter, regular cake batter, key lime, peach harvest, blueberry, cotton candy, non fat sweet cream, oreo cream filling, coffee, cheese cake and mint. (No, I didn't memorize the flavors they had... so what if I did). The cake batter flavors generally make me want to vomit because they are too sweet, the cotton candy tastes like nasty cough syrup, I don't eat ice cream with chunks of fruit involved, who goes to cold stone and orders vanilla, chocolate, or non fat? The flavors left aren't really good mixing flavors. I finally settled for coffee/cheese cake hoping it would turn out better than i expected. It didn't. Chad got a cookie minster and subbed peanut butter cup for the oreos. His was amazing but he ordered the same size as me and got half as much. So thus far every bit of "buying" we've tried to do hasn't gone our way yet. This day is off to a pretty bad start... but we're gonna make the best of it any way. So we head down to cavendars cause I'm in the market for some boots and he wants a new hat. We go in and immediately find nick, we don't shop there without him. If you go in there go find him, he will know what you're wanting before you open your mouth... he's awesome. And currenty single for those of you out there looking. I tell him I'm in the market for some new boots for stompin around in, he says ok go see what you can find I'll be there in a second. I go and pick out about 6 pairs I like. None of which have a size 6. I get a little irritated. Come to think of it there were only about 2 boots in the whole store that were a size 6. JERKS! Anyway. Nick walks up and says "what have we go our eye on?" I said the front door. He encourages me not to give up and asks what the problem is. I ranted about my short chubby feet and how nobody makes shoes that fit them. He smiles and says lets go look at the kids boots since they are just for work. I'm sure my face read "you've got to be kidding me" but I figured I could at least give it a shot because he does usually know what he's talking about. He picks up a size 4 boot that looks just like my good boots only smaller and the tops are shorter (and they cost about 1/5 what mine did.) and says try this on. I did. It fit like a charm and looked good on me. I grabbed the left shoe and tried it on... it suddenly became obvious that my left foot is definitely bigger than the right. The boot wasn't even going to think about goin on my big ol foot. Crap. So I tried on every pair of shoes from a size 3 to a 5 in the kids department with no luck in finding a pair to fit me right. Back to the drawing board. Nick manages to find this god awful looking boot in the women's department and asks me just to try it on. Holy crap it fit like a charm, even if it did look like a bucket full of smashed ass holes. I was pretty impressed with his mad skills. But then we couldn't find another size 6C boot in the store. Great... he tells me to pick out a boot and he'll see if they can get it. I point out the one I had originally wanted but the smallest size they had was a 7 which would be about like me wearing skiis to work every day. They can't get it in my size. We go through this on a couple others and he can't get those in my size either. But they can get the $300 pair of high heeled, pointed toe boots in my size. Go figure, I'm not wearing those to wear. I'd break my ankle. Or I'd use them as a weapon to kick our fearless leader "John Wayne" in the junk because he is a moron and that's how I usually feel like reacting to every word that leaves his mouth. Yeah, definitely don't need the pointed toe boots. So nick sent me home bootless to look on their website at all the boots he can get in, he said pick as many of them as you want and I'll have them here friday when y'all come back through for you to try on. He's such a good guy. we leave the boot department and go to look at hats. Chad goes through the same issues with hats. 6 7/8" hats are hard to come by and any hat with a short crown instead of the new style cattleman's crown are especially hard to find and that's all he'll wear. He tries on every 6 7/8" and 7" hat they have with no luck and nick advises him to also visit the website and we'll just have a sizing session when we come through friday on our way to mena. So now we've left empty handed with unsatisfying ice cream in our stomaches. We decide we better eat so we'll have time to get to the movie and get seated. We go to Texas Roadhouse of course (by the way, someone put in a longhorn steak house next door! WTF?!?!). Its a 30 to 45 minute wait and the girl tells us its a 15 to 20 minute wait. Either way I don't think that gives us enough time so we decide to sit at the bar, walk in and there are 2 seats open. Something has finally gone my way. We sit down and look at the menu, I'm of course getting the sirloan cause they are awsome there. And while i'm looking at the sides I hear a familiar voice begin to hit on me (yes, while my boyfriend is sitting next to me) and I am scared to look but I do. I am sitting next to a bald, tattooed version of "Lt. Dan". Dear God, please make him go away before I stab him with my steak knife. Thanks. I smiled and looked back at my menu and he tells the barmaid to bring something "girlie" for the big boobed babe beside him. Chad has finally caught on to the situation and catches my arm 2 seconds before I can land my steak knife in my obnoxious neighbor's eye socket. I hollar to the barmaid that there will be no such drink for me just as a couple down the bar gets up to leave. We move down a few seats in hopes of a more peaceful meal. We get our food and its rather tastey and we're watching rally car racing on the X Games! Just so everyone knows, that's what I was born to do! And about the 3rd trial Lt. Dan catches on that I'm watching it. He starts hollaring and cheering and carrying on about what's on the tv. Seri0usly dude, did you drink a case of stupid on your way in here? Shut up! He continues on and goes from being obnoxious to be a DB, so I hollar down the bar "would you mind shutting your cake hole, I don't see anyone around here asking for a blow job so I see no need for your mouth to be flapping like that while I'm trying to enjoy my meal." He, along with everyone seated anywhere near the bar, stares blankly at me... thats where my meal became truely great because it was suddenly peaceful without his mouth flapping in the wind like a 2 dollar hookers lower lips! I was able to finish my salad, steak, baked potato and 5th glass of tea without hearing his voice again. Thank goodness cause my next step would have been throwing my glass at his big, bald, stupid head.
After supper we went to watch our movie. It was pretty good. I laughed almost til I was in tears at the "fart gun" and a couple other places... but it wasn't the "my belly hurts from laughing so much" movie I was expecting. But I'm seen it now so that makes me happy.

We got home about 10 and went to bed about 11. Fancy was still full of bottle up energy from being left home alone for practically 2 days straight and she wasn't ready for bed. She kept jumping on the bed until about 12 then she finally laid down and let us sleep but she woke chad up about 5 to go outside. I think she can stay there a while and burn up some of that energy.

Today I am going to hopefully accomplish butt loads on my trig homework and do a little house work. I have a trig test tomorrow. So not excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment